About Department of Dietetics – Apollo Hospitals Group
The philosophy of the Department of Dietetics in our Group is to establish and encourage good nutritional practices and standards as an integral part of the health care provided. Being patient-centric is not a goal, it is the core of our existence.
Objectives of Our Department
- To provide the highest quality nutrition care and dietetic services
- To advancing practice of clinical nutrition including developing specialist dietetic teams within the department
- To develop effective therapies and new treatments, using evidence-based practice and
- To educate future Dietitians and other healthcare providers.
We have over 180 qualified Clinical Dietitians in our group to sustain quality in clinical nutrition practice and to ensure this, even at entry level, we have only Masters in Clinical Nutrition with atleast 6 months internship from a multispeciality hospital.
Quality improvement initiatives
We pride ourselves for our commitment; single-minded passion and going the extra mile to stay relevant and revolutionary in the field of clinical nutrition which has helped us adopt new innovations and technologies as “an approach for quality improvement to benchmark our nutrition practices”.
- Digitization of Dietetics department, Apollo Hospital Group by automating the work flow with technology and innovation in nutrition care process .
- Awarded the CMO Asia Health Care Excellence award for best quality initiatives by Department of Dietetics, Chennai for the project – New Multidisciplinary Coalition to combat hospital malnutrition: A Dietitian Led Quality Improvement Initiative which was held at Singapore.
- The 1st Indian Hospital to have accomplished a distinct place in International Nutrition Survey (INS) 2012 in the Global map where 183 ICUs participated and Apollo Hospitals Main, Chennai and Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai won the Best of Best award in Critical Care Nutrition practices.
- ICUs of Apollo Hospitals across India participated in INS 2013, 2014.
- Nutrition Day World Wide – Year-on-Year Apollo Hospitals Group across India have participated in the Nutrition day survey since 2013.